Chairman, President, CEO
Central Bank & Trust Co.
Mr. Deaton is currently Chairman/President and CEO of Central Bank & Trust Co., Lexington, Kentucky, and involved in the following Central Bank Boards:
- Chairman/President/CEO & Board of Director/Central Bancshares, Inc., Lexington, KY.
- Chairman and CEO/Board of Director, Central Bank, Nicholasville, KY.
- Chairman and CEO/Board of Director, Central Bank, Georgetown, KY.
- Vice-Chairman/CEO, Central Bank of Jefferson County (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Chairman/CEO/Advisory Board of Director, Central Bank, Winchester, KY.
- Chairman/CEO/Advisory Board Member, Central Bank of No. Kentucky (Florence, KY.)
- Chairman/CEO/Advisory Bd. Member, Central Bank of Madison County (Richmond, KY.)
- Chairman/CEO/Director of Central Bank Insurance Agency
- Chairman/CEO/Director of Central Investment Center, Inc.
Mr. Deaton began employment at Central Bank in 1978 as a Teller and then Assistant Manager. He was promoted to Branch Manager and then Assistant Vice President in the Commercial Loan Department.† He was promoted to Vice President of Equine Lending in 1978 and became Vice President of Equine & Leasing in 1984, then Senior Vice President in the Commercial Lending Department in 1989.†
In 1991, Mr. Deaton was promoted to Executive Vice President of the Commercial & Retail Banking Group, and promoted by the Board of Directorsí to President and COO in December 1994.† In January 1996, the Board promoted Mr. Deaton to President and CEO, and also named him Chairman in March 2002.
Mr. Deaton is involved in numerous civic and community organizations throughout Kentucky.† He is a graduate of LouisianaStateUniversity, Graduate School of Banking of the South and also graduated from the NationalCommercialLendingSchool at the University of Oklahoma.
Appointed December 2011 to serve as Kentuckyís representative on the American Bankers Associationís Government Relations Council Administration Committee.
Named Chairman of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors for 2011-2012.
Received 2009 Community Service Award from Urban League of Lexington;
Received 2009 Community Leader Award from Downtown Lexington Corporation;