Receiving Wide Coverage ... Citi Settles: In a story that will sound familiar, Citigroup has agreed to pay $730 million to settle claims that it misled its bond and preferred stock investors about possible exposure to losses on securities backed by subprime mortgages. The settlement is now the second-largest class action settlement related to the financial crisis. Bank of America's $2.4 billion payout to shareholders over the health of Merrill Lynch still takes the top spot.
Citi Settles with Investors (Again); Cyprus Update; Levin Explains 'Whale' Hearing
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues