Receiving Wide Coverage ... Stress Tests: The Fed released the scenarios for the next round of modeling exercises mandated by Dodd-Frank for 30 or so large banks. The hypothetical economic shocks this time include a sharp slowdown in China. An industry lobbyist tells the Journal that these theoretical stressors are "the most extreme to date." But Times columnist Peter Eavis wonders why 1970s-style runaway inflation isn't considered in the stress tests. Remote as that scenario may
'Extreme' Stress Tests; Ugly FHA Audit; Et Tu, Michael Corbat?
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter