Receiving Wide Coverage ... Same Old: The Bank of England decided once again to leave its benchmark interest rate unchanged at 0.5%, even as the British economy appears to be gaining steam. The British central bank under the stewardship of Governor Mark Carney also left its stimulus program unchanged continuing to hold about $628 billion in government bonds it has purchased over the past five years.
Morning Scan: ECB Holds Rates Steady; Rackoff Decision Reversed
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues