Receiving Wide Coverage ... Basel: Following U.S. regulators' delay in implementating Basel III, the Journal presents two different views on the international capital standards' applicability in this country. In the "Heard on the Street" column, David Reilly focuses on the Basel III requirement that capital calculations include unrealized gains or losses on securities. Community banks want to be exempt from this rule (along with the rest of Basel III), arguing that since they intend to hold
Who Needs a Bank Holding Company When You Can Be Owned by a Company That Does Meatpacking and Plastics?
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter