100 Chopin Plaza
Miami, FL 33131
Tel: 1-305-577-1000 or
Track: Mobile Commerce
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Barneys, the renowned luxury department store rolled out its mobile POS for its sales associates about a year ago, and became the first retailer with full POS functionality on the iPad. The presentation will tell the story of the advantages of a mobile POS, the unique functionality that the store takes advantage of, customer and sales associate reaction, and lessons learned in its implementation.
While many banks are taking a wait-and-see approach before jumping into the mobile payments fray, many of them are doing their research, staying on top of the latest emerging payment trends, and in particular, both learning from and investing in payment start ups. Hear from a panel of those who invest in, or research the growing field of payment start ups to hear what traditional financial services companies can, and should learn, and how investing in these companies is paying off.
While charging for check deposits, payments or other mobile offerings is one way to increase revenue, it has already been established these offerings can be made free. Additionally, taxing an offering might risk broad-scale adoption. However, mobile can increase revenue substantially when it is used as a customer marketing and education tool - offering unique, contextually relevant, and timely offers and information to customers on the move.
Given this opportunity, how should banks plan to move forward and what avenues currently exist to monetize their mobile offerings? This panel will be aimed at FI decision-makers and practitioners and will provide specific models for creating revenue via a comprehensive mobile platform and an expanded mobile presence. It will also showcase emerging commerce trends in mobile offerings that will allow for increased profit.
Financial Institutions are continually looking for new ways to drive value for today's connected customers. Card-Linked Offers are among the newest trends in the banking industry, marrying bankcards with merchant offers, intelligently targeted to drive consumer usage. The ability for near-instant redemption and credit could provide a powerful advantage for banks.
This session will cover:
- Card-linked offers and explore how they leverage mobile to form a trusted 1:1 communication channel to targeted consumers
- Explore how financial institutions are leveraging card-linked offers and data-driven insights from the member base, increasing sales and customer touch points and new customer acquisition to increase interaction and generate stable, predictable revenue
- Provide case histories from top 10 card issuers exploring mobile and hyper-localized trends
- Discuss the latest technologies including how CLOs are part of all mobile wallets, and how CLOs can leverage smartphone features like calendar, contact list, maps, etc.
- Explain how to find data insights to drive a more intelligent marketing strategy, and how financial institutions can work with advertisers to forge meaningful relationships that benefit customers, brands and banks
- Share thoughts on how other trends in mobile- NFC, Paypal moving to retail, Apple vs. Samsung, Google Wallet- are working to disrupt the traditional channels of payment and transforming bank marketing