Early in the antitrust trial against Visa and MasterCard, Discover president David Nelms delivered a stunning revelation: former Citigroup co-chairman John Reed had discussed with Discover the possibility of a joint takeover of MasterCard.
Visa, MasterCard Weighed Merger, Exec Testifies
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
This feature displays payments industry news and analysis from American Banker sibling brand PaymentsSource. Registration is required; for more information contact customer service.