Perhaps the greatest argument for ending the de facto moratorium on new bank charters is that the credit they would provide to Main Street would help revitalize the real economy.
Viewpoint: New Banks Would Help Small Businesses
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
This feature displays payments industry news and analysis from American Banker sibling brand PaymentsSource. Registration is required; for more information contact customer service.