The insurer wants to sell its depository but keep writing mortgages. Essentially, its making a bet on regulatory arbitrage the idea that certain categories of institutions can dodge scrutiny being placed on their competitors.
Regs Push MetLife Out of Banking, into Shadow System
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app