New regulations reducing debit card interchange fees are causing some banks to charge customers more for using debit cards, which could drive consumers to increase their use of credit cards, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
Debit Fee Cuts Could Boost Credit Card Use-Fed
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app