Republicans are pushing for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to be run by a board of Senate-confirmed appointees instead of a single director, but some question if it would have much impact.
Director Vs. Board: Does An Agency's Structure Really Matter?
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues