In a little-noticed provision of an appropriations bill, the Federal Trade Commission would report on whether Visa, Mastercard and large banks have undercut the exemption for small banks to the cap on debit interchange fees.
Durbin Seeks to Beef Up Small-Bank Interchange Exemption
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter