The Federal Housing Finance Agency on Thursday said it has directed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to implement a congressionally mandated increase in their loan guarantee fees on April 1. The initial rise will be 10 basis points, but additional increases may be coming, said the FHFA's acting director, Edward DeMarco.
GSE Guarantee Fees Set to Rise
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app