Supporters of the agency are dismissing as a political stunt a new lawsuit seeking to abolish it, and even those who'd like the case to succeed are privately calling it an uphill battle. But the suit may still have an impact on the CFPB's operations in a more indirect way.
CFPB Suit Faces Long Odds, But May Still Have Impact
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app