Commercial and multifamily lending jumped 25% in the second quarter from a year earlier and 39% from the first quarter driven by strong loan demand for retail and hotel properties, according to figures released Tuesday by the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Retail and Hotel Loans Drive 25% Jump in Commercial Lending
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter