In testimony before a House committee, the CFPB director said that the rules meant to simplify the disclosure process are long and detailed because that's what the mortgage industry wanted.
Cordray Defends Lengthy Disclosure Rule
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter