Fannie and Freddie's earnings from guaranteeing mortgages were a footnote when they were racking up huge losses. Now that they've stabilized, what fees their conservator sets will determine whether they shrink or can again be profitable.
GSEs' Future Now Hinges on Mortgage Guarantee Fees
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter