Although Republicans appear open to a bill that would make it easier for borrowers to refinance their mortgages, Democrats are balking at requests that the legislation also include measures to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, among other things.
Senate Refi Bill Bogged Down By Battle Over GSEs, Housing Issues
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app