The Chicago-area company continues to make acquisitions in the Windy City, while other banks fret about a lack of targets. A key reason for CEO Edward Wehmer's success is his willingness to buy small banks, as opposed to swinging for the fences with one deal.
Wintrust Pursues Small Banks as Others Wait for the Big Deal
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app