A company that provided real estate appraisals to a former mortgage lending giant during the run-up to the housing crisis will pay $7.8 million to settle charges that its appraisers conspired with the lender to puff up home values.
Appraisal Firm Fined $7.8 Million for Inflating Home Values
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter