The New York attorney general sued JPMorgan Chase (JPM) on Monday, charging that the Bear Stearns brokerage it bought committed fraud in the sale of hundreds of billions of dollars in mortgage-backed securities on the eve of the housing crisis.
New York A.G. Sues JPM Over Mortgage Conduct of Bear Stearns
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app