Congress should consider placing a limit on the size of the largest banks to put an end to "too big to fail," Fed Gov. Dan Tarullo said Wednesday. He suggested limiting the non-deposit liabilities of a firm to a specific percentage of GDP.
Fed's Tarullo Calls for Size Cap on Large Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter