Banks have recovered maybe $1 billion in tax assets written down because of doubts about future profitability. That leaves more than $5 billion to go.
Tax Assets Could Add Billions to 3Q Earnings at Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues