The decision not to sell the loans and purchase more mortgage-backed securities reduced revenue in the third quarter, but should provide better returns in the long run.
Wells Opts to Keep More Mortgages on Books
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app