The Wayzata, Minn., bank recorded a $20 million charge in response to new regulatory requirements for loans to homeowners who have been through bankruptcy. The directive has hurt profits at a slew of banks.
Regulatory Change on Mortgages Hammers TCF's 3Q Earnings
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app