The Winston-Salem, N.C., company's decision to open 30 branches makes sense as big banks battle for commercial customers, especially in an expensive market for acquisitions like Texas.
BB&T Sees Texas-Size Upside in New Branches Instead of M&A
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app