Of the eight U.S. banks that must face a capital surcharge under Basel III, only Citigroup and JPMorgan Chase have to pay the highest current level of 2.5%. Bank of America and Bank of New York Mellon will be assessed a 1.5% surcharge, while Wells Fargo will pay 1%.
Citi, JPMorgan Hit with High Capital Surcharge
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter