Joe L. Albritton, the longtime chairman and chief executive at Riggs National Bank in Washington, died of heart failure Wednesday in a Houston hospital, according to the Washington Post. He was 87.
Former Riggs Chairman Albritton Dies at 87
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app