The global life insurer said Wednesday that the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has conditionally approved the company's deal to sell $6.5 billion in deposits from MetLife Bank to GE Capital Retail Bank, GE's consumer-lending arm.
MetLife, GE Win Regulatory Approval for Bank Deal
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter