After spending nearly a year deliberating on an approach, the Federal Reserve Board on Friday released a proposal that will overhaul the way regulators will supervise foreign banks that operate in the United States, a significant shift from its longstanding case-by-case method.
Fed Moves to Overhaul Supervision of Foreign Banks in U.S.
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app