Banks are in danger of "taking excessive risk" in order to boost profits damaged by a slow economy by offering risky new products and lowering underwriting standards, a new report from the OCC said. The fiscal cliff could also take a toll.
OCC Updates Threats Facing Bankers, Including Fiscal Cliff
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app