Investors Bancorp had hardly announced its deal for Roma Financial, a fellow mutual thrift in New Jersey, than speculation began whether it should buy more mutuals before it restructures and is barred from doing so.
Should Investors Buy More Mutuals or Stop with Roma?
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues