The decision to recess appoint Richard Cordray will put the CFPB's actions in legal jeopardy, but is likely to boost the president politically.
How Politics Shaped Obama's CFPB Decision
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues