Federal regulators ought to start over on the Volcker Rule. Policymakers could meet the July 21 effective date if they stripped the plan down to its essence.
The Volcker Rule Needs a Back-to-Basics Makeover
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app