The FDIC's crisis-era guarantee of unsecured debt had a stabilizing effect, and unlike Treasury's capital infusions in banks the so-called TLGP skirted a lot of the bad publicity associated with the bailout. With its end approaching, some see the debt guarantee as a model for future crises.
FDIC Debt Program Proves as Good as Tarp, Without the Baggage
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues