UnionBanCal reported that first-quarter net income totaled $195 million, down 17% from a year earlier, as fee income declined and it recorded a smaller gain from the reversal of its provision for credit losses.
UnionBanCal's Profits Fall in 1Q
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues