The strategy is part of a broader effort to help small banks exit Tarp, which still has 343 participants, Assistant Treasury Secretary Tim Massad said in a blog post Thursday.
Treasury Planning Further Tarp Auctions to Help Small Banks Exit Program
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter