Sound Community Bancorp in Seattle has ditched its federal thrift charter. The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions approved an application last week from Sound Community Bank for a state commercial bank charter, which went into effect immediately.
Sound Community in Washington Switches to State Charter
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues