American Express, which announced 5,400 layoffs last week, said that earnings declined in the fourth quarter in all but one of its business segments.
Profits Fall at Most Units of Amex in 4Q
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues