Penalty fees fell 8% among credit card issuers last year. The fees have declined since 2009, when Congress passed legislation that limited the ability of card issuers to impose certain charges.
Credit Card Penalty Fees Fall Again: Report
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter