A lawsuit by the state's Democratic attorney general alleges that the oft-criticized mortgage assignment system deprived Kentucky of recording fees and shrouded property records in secrecy.
Kentucky Sues MERS Over Mortgage Recording Fees
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter