Zions Bancorp., in Salt Lake City, took an $84 million charge related to trust-preferred collateralized debt obligations last quarter, but experts say it will pay off. Better loan totals help, too.
The Silver Lining on Zions' Big Charge
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app