Fees from mortgage banking and fewer troubled loans lifted First Mariner Bancorp in the fourth quarter. The $1.38 billion-asset company in Baltimore earned $1.6 million in the fourth quarter after losing $4 million a year earlier.
First Mariner Swings to 4Q Profit, Will Cut Three Branches
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter