Any new state laws on the issue would likely strengthen the bargaining power of Visa and MasterCard in negotiations with retailers over swipe fees.
Seven States Eye Bans on Credit Card Surcharges
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues