Sen. Bob Corker released a statement downplaying an earlier report that suggested the lawmaker is "angling to broker a compromise" over the confirmation of Richard Cordray as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Corker to Obama: Ball Is in Your Court on Cordray
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app