State banking regulators are asking the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to be flexible in its definition of a "rural" market when determining when a community bank is eligible to make a balloon loan.
CFPB Urged to be More Flexible in Defining 'Rural' Markets
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues