The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced four enforcement actions Thursday against mortgage insurers, ordering them to pay $15 million in penalties and stop "improper kickbacks" to mortgage lenders in exchange for business.
CFPB Takes Enforcement Actions Against Mortgage Insurers
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app