A provision that would raise capital standards at small and large banks could potentially hamper legislative efforts to break up the biggest institutions, industry observers warned after the unauthorized leak of draft legislation.
Small Bank Concerns May Threaten Bill to Break Up Big Players
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app