With a federal moratorium on commercial ownership of industrial loan companies coming to an end, the question of whether retailers and other nonfinancial firms should own banks has been turned on its head in the wake of the crisis and Dodd-Frank.
War Over Retailer Banks Could Reignite, With or Without Walmart
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter