Legal experts are becoming increasingly concerned that federal judges are questioning the right of a lender of secondary creditor to bid the full value of claims in Chapter 11 cases. For banks looking at bankruptcy, this development provides more encouragement to settle with certain debtholders before seeking legal protection.
Credit Bidding Under Attack — Again
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter